VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT UPDATE
We continue to march forward with our stepped up volunteer recruitment efforts discussed in last month’s newsletter: (PS – checkout the new volunteers listing further down in newsletter!)
- New “You’d Make a Great Driver” flyers for distribution
- Created a “digital message” for new video displays in the Charter Drive medical buildings. Look for them starting today (Oct 23)
- Created a “Why I Drive” video with your assistance (see below)
- Consulting with Google regarding Google Ad Work campaigns leveraging a Google Ads Grant we received.
- Attended Resource Day at Ellicott City YMCA
- Hosted Walk-tober events at Lake Kittamaquandi
- Recruitment ads in Columbia Orchestra programs
- Recruitment ads in Leadership Howard County email newsletters
Calls to Action in Social Media, Nextdoor, Patch, Phoenix Society, Faith Community bulletins.
We are so appreciative of all the Neighbor Ride volunteers who participated in our “Why I Drive” video project!!! Please enjoy this inaugural viewing!!
WELCOME TO OUR NEW VOLUNTEERS!
Join the Neighbor Ride staff on a walk around beautiful Lake Kittamaquandi on TOMORROW from 10-11. Wear you Neighbor Ride shirts or ID’s and enjoy sharing some stories with potential volunteers.
See the Walktober website for other walking opportunities in Howard County throughout the month of October https://www.howardcountymd.gov/walktober.
NOTES FROM THE ROAD
From Driver Debbie D:
The Dept. of Public Works will start emergency repair work on the Frederick Road Bridge over the Hudson Branch. The bridge located between 8905 to 8899 Frederick Road will undergo repairs. The work is scheduled to start on Oct 23 and finish in late December.