Ride With Us
“Neighbor Ride’s volunteers are courteous, thoughtful and caring individuals. This is a remarkable service that takes the stress out of finding a ride and turns it into a positive feeling of community.”
Since 2004, we’ve connected Howard County seniors to the people and things that matter most to them. The Neighbor Ride network of compassionate community volunteer drivers and ride coordinators ensure our riders can get safely and reliably from point A to B and back.
Why Ride with Neighbor Ride?
- Easy scheduling: Booking rides in advance is simple using our online Ride Match Portal or just give us a call! We love talking to our riders.
- Worry-free personalized service: We’ll touch base after scheduling and the day before the trip to make sure you’re prepared and comfortable with every aspect of your ride.
- Companions ride for free: There is no charge for a caregiver or family member to take the trip with you. Just have them register with us and they can accompany you at no charge.
- Reliable rides: We make sure your driver is given all the details of your trip so you can rely on them being where you need them, when you need a ride.
- Local, verified drivers: Each of our volunteer drivers is a Howard County community member who has had a background check and received training. To learn more about our requirements for our drivers, click here.
- Have fun: Connect with new community members and form relationships. Our drivers love meeting new people and want to get to know you. We aim to make your trip more meaningful than a simple drive from point A to B, so you’ll likely make a new friend in the process!
A Note for Adult Children of Riders
We encourage adult children of our riders to be involved in the relationship between Neighbor Ride and their parent. Our Ride Match Portal makes it easy for you to assist with scheduling, payment and more, even if you live out of state. Our dedication to personal attention means that we are your eyes and ears on the ride. You can have peace of mind knowing your parent’s safety during the ride is our top priority.
Register your parent here and sign up to receive our rider newsletter here.
Become a Rider
To become a rider, access the forms below, print, complete and return them, or call 410-884-RIDE to register.