Volunteering for Neighbor Ride
Our volunteers are what make Neighbor Ride great. As a driver or ride coordinator, our volunteers help Howard County seniors overcome isolation and maintain connections to their community by providing trusted and reliable transportation. Volunteer with Neighbor Ride and make a difference in your community.
Why Drive with Neighbor Ride?
- Flexibility: Drivers use their personal car and can choose the rides that work with their schedule and location. Drive in the daytime or evening, or only on the weekend.
- Easy scheduling: Drivers can pick rides by using our online portal, via email or by calling our office. Opt-in to a daily email of all upcoming rides or receive individual ride requests for the days and times you designate.
- Your time is yours: Drivers provide door-to-door service, but you can use your time in between the round trip as you would like.
- Have fun: Drivers are always meeting new people in the community and play an important role in their riders’ lives. If you have children, you can even bring them along for a wonderful inter-generational opportunity.
How Do I Sign Up?
Join us for an orientation at our offices, held every Tuesday morning from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. or once a month in the evenings. Register now for orientation, call 410-884-7433 or email email@example.com.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
We are also looking for people to assist with:
- Community outreach events
- Ongoing and one-time marketing development efforts and events
“Your volunteers are wonderful, capable, friendly and interesting. I’m often reluctant to see the trip end.”