Special Thanks to Baltimore Washington Financial Advisors for their generous support of Neighbor Ride’s Volunteer Program!
BWFA partners with organizations making a difference in our community. Their support of Neighbor Ride’s Volunteer Program helps us find and train the amazing individuals who are DRIVING OUR COMMUNITY!
Founded in 1986, BWFA is among the largest and oldest independent, Fee-Only investment planning firms and financial advisories in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan area serving Howard County, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County and areas nationwide. Click HERE to learn more.
Volunteering for Neighbor Ride
Our volunteers are what make Neighbor Ride great. As a driver or ride coordinator, our volunteers help Howard County seniors overcome isolation and maintain connections to their community by providing trusted and reliable transportation. Volunteer with Neighbor Ride and make a difference in your community.
Why Drive with Neighbor Ride?
- Flexibility: Drivers use their personal car and can choose the rides that work with their schedule and location. Drive in the daytime or evening, or only on the weekend.
- Easy scheduling: Drivers can pick rides by using our online portal, via email or by calling our office. Opt-in to a daily email of all upcoming rides or receive individual ride requests for the days and times you designate.
- Your time is yours: Drivers provide door-to-door service, but you can use your time in between the round trip as you would like.
- Have fun: Drivers are always meeting new people in the community and play an important role in their riders’ lives. If you have children, you can even bring them along for a wonderful inter-generational opportunity.
How Do I Sign Up?
Join us for an orientation at our offices, held every Tuesday morning from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. or once a month in the evenings. Register now for orientation, call 410-884-7433 or email email@example.com.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
We are also looking for people to assist with:
- Community outreach events
- Ongoing and one-time marketing development efforts and events
“Your volunteers are wonderful, capable, friendly and interesting. I’m often reluctant to see the trip end.”